Medical Coding is the process of assigning standardized codes and it is the uniform language that describes medical, surgical and diagnostic services. This is a communication between the Physicians / hospitals, patients and the third parties.
Medical Coding is one of the most sensitive processes of the Revenue Cycle Management preceding a claim submission. Accurate coding increases higher revenues and decreases the denials from the insurance companies. To prevent these types of errors we have our coders who are expertise in Physician coding and are certified by AAPC.
Our experienced coding teams are specialized in specialties including Radiology, Surgery, Family Practice and HHA OASIS documentation and Coding.
The Coding Process includes the following steps:
- Access Patient Medical Records through secured network using VPN Connections.
- Coders review and scrutiny the documents for accuracy and split them into batches for processing.
- Diagnosis, Procedure codes and modifiers are assigned as per the coding guidelines and per client requirements.
- Coding is done in accordance with NCCI (National Correct Coding Initiatives) and LCD (Local Coverage Determination).
- Quality checks are in place prior to the charge Entry Process
Following industry coding standards are used:
- ICD-9 CM (International Classification of Diseases) for Diagnosis codes
- CPT-4 (Current Procedural Terminology) for Procedure codes
- HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System) to code Level II and Level III codes
- Accuracy level is maintained at 98%
- The coders are involved in continuing education programs
- CNTI provides coding services with a turnaround time of 24 to 48 hours
- We provide continuous feedback to our client with regard to the changes in the in codes and its selections that affects reimbursements.
- With CNTI you can be confident of ICD-10 compliant and process efficient. Our approach to ICD-10 will also help further streamline the RCM processes.